Tuesday, April 17, 2018

The Golden Age Of DC Comics!


When I saw The Golden Age of DC Comics for relative cheap at my local Barnes and Noble store I knew it was a but a matter of time before I had to pick it up. This over-sized tome by Paul Levitz features an interview with Joe Kubert and offers up a nifty overview of DC's earliest years. But what it really showcases is some grand artwork alongside other ephemera from the broad impact of Superman, Batman and other heroes from the company. We get not only the core heroes but also Captain Marvel and MAD magazine, two properties the company acquired over the years. This is fun book for any comics fan. Some time ago I picked up the Bronze Age edition of this series leaving me only the Silver Age volume to acquire. That might be sooner than later. (For record, I know there are later editions for the 80's and 90's but I have zero interest in those.)



Rip Off

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Big books like this I like to put on the floor and read, lifting the pages and just enjoying the artwork, which in this tome is the big draw -- pun intended.

      Rip Off

      Delete